Solar energy is a clean, pollution free and renewable source of energy. Karnataka being located between 11 40′ and 18 27′ North latitude and the geographic position favours the harvesting and development of solar energy.
Karnataka state is blessed with about 240 to 300 days of sunny days with solar radiation. The Government of Karnataka has announced the Solar policy 2014-21, grid connected solar rooftop system under net-metering basis forms an integral part of the policy. The applications are invited from BESCOM consumers who wish to install grid-connected solar rooftop PV systems under Net-Metering Scheme.
Net metering allows residential and commercial customers who generate their own electricity from solar power to feed electricity they do not use back into the grid. Many states have passed net metering laws. In other states, utilities may offer net metering programs voluntarily or as a result of regulatory decisions. Differences between states’ legislation and implementation mean that the benefits of net metering can vary widely for solar customers in different areas of the country.
What Is Net Metering?
Net metering is a billing mechanism that credits solar energy system owners for the electricity they add to the grid. For example, if a residential customer has a PV system on the home’s rooftop, it may generate more electricity than the home uses during daylight hours. If the home is net-metered, the electricity meter will run backwards to provide a credit against what electricity is consumed at night or other periods where the home’s electricity use exceeds the system’s output. Customers are only billed for their “net” energy use. On average, only 20-40% of a solar energy system’s output ever goes into the grid. Exported solar electricity serves nearby customer’s loads.
Why GreenSol for Rooftop Requirements?
- Medium sized lean & young company with Quick turn around time for enqueries
- Easily Approachable when compared to large reputed companies
- In-house facility for complete design solution & Custom designed balance of Components to suit customer & site
- Affordable Costs and Value for money
- Understanding Post sales services and providing value added services for long running of systems
- Generate your own power for your installation
- Earn money by exporting excess Solar energy generated into the grid after self consumption
- 100% Green power